Friday, June 13, 2008

A blogging lunch


I had an opportunity to meet up with a fellow blogger that lives near me(Hi to Geneva Daily Photo Blog!). We had a wonderful and very eventful lunch. This is Philip, our waiter, and he was kind enough to snap a photo of the 2 of us as well as letting us snap him. Just before this photo, the excitement in the restaurant was an elderly lady had collapsed over her lunch and my fellow blogger is a first aid responder and called 911. Yes, the para medics came,(as well as a doctor was there having lunch and gave immediate treatment)and they came in with the stretcher and took her to the hospital. She appeared to be fine --or at least alert and awake--as she left. No, we didn't snap away as the paramedics rushed around....although we did get a picture of the equipment and stretcher.....we plan to get together again....but hopefully without the paramedics!

10 comments:

  1. What fun to meet a fellow blogger. So where's the pic of the two of you? MB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neva, Always fun to get together with someone who shares our passions! A memorable lunch, eh? And like MB, I'm wishing to see the other shot. . .:-)
    -Kim
    Seattle Daily Photo

    ReplyDelete
  3. You two caused quite a a stir! I hope your next get together is less dramatic, but just as much fun. Great shot of the very friendly waiter. They are far too surly here for me to snap.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One never knows what will happen at a "blogger" lunch! Nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry, but you showed the wrong photo! (Who cares about your waiter?)

    ReplyDelete
  6. c'est sympa comme réunion entre bloggeurs, j'avais été content quand j'avais rencontré les bloggeurs de New York
    is cool as the meeting between bloggers, I was pleased when I met with bloggers in New York

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lucky you to meet a blogger friend. I do hope the lady will be all right.

    We were going somewhere the other day and had to stop because a fire truck was blocking the road putting out a house fire. I did not have my camera that day. My 4 year old grandson said, "Nay, you got your camera?" I told him I did not. He said, "OH, that would be awesome to take a picture of the water coming out of the hose." We sat patiently waiting until they opened the road. But at least we got front row seats for a little boy to watch the firefighters in action. The house was an old house that no one lived in.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nothing like a quiet lunch! What excitement, and as a bonus you had a friendly waiter. That hardly exists round here!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Neva!
    We did have a terrific lunch! Since you did Philip, I will put up the paramedic! Thanks again for driving all the way down here!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice to hear about the meeting.. I to did not take pictures of something this week.... sometimes it is just not to be done.. you did right Neva... your waiter looks fun. ;o)

    ReplyDelete

I am glad you stopped in!