Sunday, May 10, 2009

The Mighty Mississippi

 
I was in Dubuque, Iowa yesterday to listen to a concert 2 of my nieces were performing. We walked to the event and meandered down by the Mississippi. There are 3 bridges in this photo. On the near right is the state of Illinois, the left is Iowa (I was standing in Iowa, obviously!) and way in the far upper right is Wisconsin. Dubuque was settled originally as part of a lead mining town. It is really a lovely city and a very nice drive from Chicago suburbs. Took about 2 and 1/2 hours.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. I loved the photo of the rivers at the borders of three states. Living on one myself where Oregon is divided from Washington, I find those places especially intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Mississippi River. Is one bridge missing a segment or a swing bridge?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's fascinating how you can reach so many states by the river and only a matter of hours from your home.

    ReplyDelete

I am glad you stopped in!