Saturday, December 20, 2008

 
Posted by Picasa

 
Posted by Picasa

I went downtown Chicago the other night-after one snow storm and before the next!- to hear Bin play his tuba for his senior recital. Not sure what to expect, I was pleasantly surprised at how nice a tuba can be. This photo is the one part where he played with an ensemble. I wish I could capture the music but that would require a different type of camera!
(Bin is the one on the end with the TUBA (lol) and he is a friend of my Korean foreign exchange daughter, SeaKyung. Interestingly, his parents in Beijing have had my son, Greg, over for dinner and I have had Bin for the American holidays...it is a small world isn't it?)

5 comments:

  1. i am sure they make lovely music.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is a small and sometimes beautiful world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, at times the world is wonderfully small, special times like you've mentioned. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't miss Bin with the tuba. Sounds like a foreign and son exchange. :) Happy holidays to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I won't dare to doubt for a moment that he is a great tuba player!
    Nice photos.

    If I'm allowed, I would like to wish you, NEVA, all your family and also your other beloved ones a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
    From Quint and family, here in Portugal.

    ReplyDelete

I am glad you stopped in!