Sunday, October 12, 2008

University of Illinois

 
I went down to Champagne, Illinois for their Homecoming game against Minnesota...Most of you know I am not a football fan.....I usually go down to see my daughter who was in school there. However, she has graduated and not there now (she is still in Costa Rica) but I went anyway with a friend who had an extra ticket....
When I can tell it is a bad game....then it must be horrible. The Illini lost 20 to 27 and played pretty dismally.....As we were leaving, the beautiful trees as they are changing colors just looked wonderful against all the orange of the fans shirts. They have just finished remodeling the stadium with something like skyboxes...I don't really remember what they are called...which is why the construction fences are still up. And, yes, I also had orange on...it is one of the colors I like, fortunately!
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

  1. really like this. it seems typically american, at least to my eyes as an english person who's never been there! love the orange. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Illinois and Missouri both lost yesterday, bad for the midwest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you boo and throw empty wrappers at the defeated players as they slouched off the field to express your displeasure? Or is that only for people in Cleveland?

    ReplyDelete
  4. amazing. thank you for another fantastic glimpse on your part of the world. great job as always.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, the trees in the background go pretty well with the colours of the fans' t-shirts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like orange and oranges.
    And are we to see some photos from Costa Rica?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't follow college football or even pro football anymore. My husband doesn't like football, but I grew up around football with big brothers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You know how much I love street-level matching accessories--great job, Neva!

    ReplyDelete
  9. When we first went to VA Tech for orientation, one of the first things the speaker said was, "If you don't like orange, you soon will!" So yes we like orange!

    ReplyDelete

I am glad you stopped in!